Protecting Seniors: A Review of the FHA’s Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Program
Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. ____, To conform the maximum loan limit for reverse mortgages insured by the FHA to be consistent with the area maximum loan limits for FHA-insured mortgages, and for other purposes. [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the "Preventing Foreclosures on Seniors Act of 2019."[DRAFT]
- Sarah Bolling Mancini, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Alicia Puente Cackley, Director, Financial Markets and Community Investment, Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Peter H. Bell, President & Chief Executive Officer, National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA)
- Laurie Goodman, Vice President, Housing Financial Policy, Urban Institute
Webcast of the Hearing