Examining Legislation to Protect Consumers and Small Business Owners from Abusive Debt Collection Practices
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Printed Hearing 116-54.
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. 4403, the “Stop Debt Collection Abuse Act”
- H.R. 3490, the “Small Business Lending Fairness Act”
- H.R. 3498, the “Debt Collection Practices Harmonization Act”
- H.R. ____, the “Monitoring and Curbing Abusive Debt Collection Practices Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Small Business Fair Debt Collection Protection Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Non-Judicial Foreclosure Debt Collection Clarification Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Equal Protections for Debt Collection Practices Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Consumer Protections for Medical Debt Collections Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Fair Debt Collection Practices for Servicemembers Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Strengthen Legal Protections on Debt Collections Act” [DRAFT]
- The Honorable Rohit Chopra, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- Rev. Dr. Cassandra Gould, Pastor, Quinn Chapel A.M.E. Church (Jefferson City, MO) and Executive Director, Missouri Faith Voices
- Ms. Bhairavi Desai, Executive Director, New York Taxi Workers Alliance
- Ms. April Kuehnhoff, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Professor Dalié Jiménez, Professor of Law, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Ms. Sarah Auchterlonie, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Mr. John H. Bedard, Jr., Owner, Bedard Law Group, P.C.
Webcast of the Hearing