Examining Legislation to Protect Consumers and Small Business Owners from Abusive Debt Collection Practices
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. 4403, the “Stop Debt Collection Abuse Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. 3490, the “Small Business Lending Fairness Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. 3498, the “Debt Collection Practices Harmonization Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Monitoring and Curbing Abusive Debt Collection Practices Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Small Business Fair Debt Collection Protection Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Non-Judicial Foreclosure Debt Collection Clarification Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Equal Protections for Debt Collection Practices Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Consumer Protections for Medical Debt Collections Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Fair Debt Collection Practices for Servicemembers Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R.____, the “Strengthen Legal Protections on Debt Collections Act” [DRAFT]
- The Honorable Rohit Chopra, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- Rev. Dr. Cassandra Gould, Pastor, Quinn Chapel A.M.E. Church (Jefferson City, MO) and Executive Director, Missouri Faith Voices
- Ms. Bhairavi Desai, Executive Director, New York Taxi Workers Alliance
- Ms. April Kuehnhoff, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Professor Dalié Jiménez, Professor of Law, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Ms. Sarah Auchterlonie, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Mr. John H. Bedard, Jr., Owner, Bedard Law Group, P.C.
Webcast of the Hearing