Virtual Hearing - Examining Belt and Road: The Lending Practices of the People’s Republic of China and Impact on the International Debt Architecture
Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. ____, to authorize U.S. participation in the 12th Replenishment of the Asian Development Fund.
- H.R. ____, to authorize Debt Treatment for Countries Eligible for Assistance from the International Development Association and/or Countries that are United Nations Least Developed Countries.
- H.R. ____, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to loan Special Drawing Rights to the Poverty Reduction and Growth Trust at the International Monetary Fund.
- Professor Anna Gelpern, Anne Fleming Research Professor at Georgetown Law and nonresident senior fellow at the Peter G. Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Mr. Scott Morris, Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Professor Odette Lienau, Professor of Law, Associate Dean for Faculty Research and Intellectual Life, Cornell University Law School
- Mr. Jaime Atienza, Debt Policy Lead, Oxfam
- Mr. Sebastian Horn, Economist, Kiel Institute for the World Economy
Webcast of the Hearing