Banking the Unbanked: Exploring Private and Public Efforts to Expand Access to the Financial System
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. ____, the ‘‘Access to No-Fee Accounts Act.’’
- H.R. ____, the ‘‘Public Banking Act of 2021.’’
- H.R. ____, the ‘‘Expanding Financial Access for Underserved Communities Act.’’
- Mehrsa Baradaran, Professor of Law, University of California Irvine School of Law
- Deyanira Del Río, Co-Executive Director, New Economy Project
- Ameya Pawar, Senior Fellow, Economic Security Project
- David Rothstein, Senior Principal, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- John Berlau, Senior Fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute
Webcast of the Hearing