Skip to Content
Back to top
Rent-A-Bank Schemes and New Debt Traps: Assessing Efforts to Evade State Consumer Protections and Interest Rate Caps
Wednesday, February 05, 2020 | 10:00 |
Printed Hearing 116-81.
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. 5050, the "‘Veterans and Consumers Fair Credit Act."
- The Honorable Monique Limón, Chair, Banking & Finance Committee, California State Assembly
- Graciela Aponte-Diaz, Director of Federal Campaigns, Center for Responsible Lending
- Creola Johnson, Professor, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Lauren Saunders, Associate Director, National Consumer Law Center
- Brian Knight, Director and Senior Research Fellow, Program on Innovation and Governance, Mercatus Center at George Mason University
Webcast of the Hearing