Rep Cmte Financial Services
Media Advisory: Committee Hearing Schedule for the Week of July 11
Washington, Jul 10 -
WASHINGTON- Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) today announced the committee’s schedule for the week of July 11:
Tuesday, July 12 at 10:00 A.M.
– The Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing a hearing entitled “Making a Financial Choice: More Capital or More Government Control?” For more information on the Financial CHOICE Act, please click here
Tuesday, July 12 at 2:00 P.M.
– The Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit Subcommittee will hold a hearing entitled “Examining the Opportunities and Challenges with Financial Technology (“FinTech”): The Development of Online Marketplace Lending.”
Wednesday, July 13 at 10:00 A.M.
– The Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing with Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro to examine the recently announced changes to the Distressed Asset Stabilization Program (DASP). HUD created the DASP to protect taxpayers and fulfill its fiduciary responsibility to ensure the Mutual Mortgage Insurance fund remains financially sound through the sale of severely delinquent single-family mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration. The significant proposed changes HUD announced to the DASP in June without consultation with Congress call into question the fundamental purpose of this program.
- HR ____, To prohibit the Secretary of the Treasury from issuing certain licenses in connection with the export or re-export of a commercial passenger aircraft to the Islamic Republic of Iran, to require annual reports by the Secretary of the Treasury and the Export-Import Bank on financing issues related to the sale or lease of such a commercial passenger aircraft or spare parts for such an aircraft, and for other purposes.
- HR ____, To prohibit the Secretary of the Treasury from authorizing certain transactions by a U.S. financial institution in connection with the export or re-export of a commercial passenger aircraft to the Islamic Republic of Iran, and for other purposes
- HR ____, the “No Ex-Im Assistance for Terrorism Act,” and for other purposes
All committee activity will take place in Room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Additional information, including a list of witnesses and live video of the proceedings, will be available on the Committee’s website